On Tuesday I was at a private residence in Palmer for Jessica & Derek’s wedding. They were married in Jessica’s parent’s living room with a small group of friends and family, with a nicely catered dinner after in the same room. It was small, intimate, and mellow, until one of the guys tried to light Jessica’s dress on fire with an entire fistful of sparklers that were lit at the same time. It was pretty much an explosion that was tossed to the ground next to her dress – luckily she escaped unburned. We started off the day doing some photos of just the two of them, taking advantage of whatever wind-protection we could find – it was blowing 30-40mph, but we managed to make it work. After the ceremony and reception dinner, Jessica’s brother drove out onto the lake near their house and lit off some fireworks at the end of the night. It was a nice touch and everyone came out onto the deck to enjoy the show. A great day for sure!